Business

Sega identifies harasser making ‘excessive slanderous and insulting comments’ towards one of its staff, sues them into oblivion, and says if anyone wants to try the same it’s their funeral-

Sega has announced that it has successfully sued an unnamed person responsible for (the following is machine translated) “excessive slanderous and insulting comments on social media against one of our employees.”

In a Japanese press release shared yesterday the company said that, though it welcomes fans’ “encouragement” and “sometimes even harsh comments about our products and services,” the harassment from the individual in question crossed a line. It had also been sustained for “a long time,” preventing the targeted employee from getting on with their work “with peace of mind.”

“As there has been no improvement,” continued Sega, “we have been forced to take legal action.” The company managed to obtain the harasser’s identity with the consent of the courts and promptly initiated legal proceedings, much to the detriment of the harasser in question.

“We have reached a settlement in which the subject will pay damages to our employee, delete the slanderous and insulting comments, and refrain from such actions in future,” says Sega. What’s more, the corporation threw down the gauntlet against anyone else who might think about targeting its employees in a similar way in future, saying they consider slander, intimidation, and harassment “to be serious human rights issues that damage the dignity of employees and lead to a deterioration of the work environment.

“In order to respect all employees and protect their human rights, we will continue to take appropriate action based on our Customer Harassment Policy when we judge any behaviour to be malicious.” In other words: Anyone who tries to pull the same stunt will find themselves answering to Sega’s lawyers in court, too.

PCG reached out to Sega for comment on this story, but it declined to offer one and pointed us back to the press release.

Harassment of devs is a gargantuan but relatively little-discussed problem across the entire games industry, with a disturbing 91% of respondents to last year’s Game Developer Conference survey answering that abuse from players is an ongoing issue. 

Although there have been other big wins by studios against harassers like this one, it’s kind of a drop in the ocean. Bungie managed to win $500,000 from a “racist shitstain” who harassed and threatened a Destiny 2 community manager last year, but it had no perceptible effect on Destiny developers being harassed. Though it’s never a bad thing when people who use the veil of anonymity to behave like monsters get their just desserts, I suspect the same will, unfortunately, be true for Sega. 

Related Posts

Square Enix has had a great year so far

Square Enix today reported a notable leap in profits for the first half of the current fiscal year, and revised its full year profits, suggesting it may double its original forecast. The company says that its video game business is expanding all over the place — mobile, console and browser games all performed favorably for the company in the last six months. On mobile, Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light and Schoolgirl Strikers are bringing in the cash, while MMOs Final Fantasy XIV and Dragon Quest X are also doing the job Come from South African Online Casinos . In fact increased video games sales were more than enough to offset a decrease in amusement and arcade machine sales for the company. For the half year ended September 30, Square Enix's Dig…

Alien- Romulus Trailer Brings Back The Horrifying Silent Screams

At the end of the day, we could all use a good hug… just not from a facehugger. The upcoming film, Alien: Romulus, is bringing the franchise back to its horror roots just in time for the 45th anniversary this year. And the new trailer for Romulus reveals just what brings the latest victims into the xenomorphs’ orbit. These kids really believe that they can escape their hopeless lives by scavenging somebody else’s ship. But the only thing they’re going to find is somebody else’s death… which may be the end of them as well.

As with the previous teaser, the facehuggers get most of the scares in the trailer as they attach themselves to at least two of the teens in this standalone film Come from Sports betting site VPbet . There’s even a tense moment early in the trailer when one of the victims gets an unexpectedly vivid view of the alien that’s about to burst out of their chest. By the tim…

NHL 25 Adds Professional Women's Hockey League This Year

EA Sports has announced a multi-year deal with the Professional Women’s Hockey League (PWHL) to bring the upstart league’s players and teams to NHL 25.

The PWHL comes to NHL 25 on December 5 with all six teams–these include the Boston Fleet, Minnesota Frost, Montréal Victoire, New York Sirens, Ottawa Charge, and Toronto Sceptres.

These teams can be used in Play Now, Online Versus, Shootout, and Seasons. PWHL uniforms will be accessible in World of Chel and Hockey Ultimate Team. EA warned that not all player likenesses will be available right away, saying it will “continue to add more” players over time.

PWHL integration in NHL 25 also includes the Walter Cup–the PWHL’s version of the Stanley Cup.

NHL 25 isn’t the first NHL game to feature women, as this actually began with NHL 22 when EA struck a deal with the International Ice Hockey Federation. Sarah Nurse was on the cover of the following year’s game, NHL 23, alongside Trevor Zegras.

EA’s other sp…

Activision Blizzard Employees Are Walking Out Following Bombshell Report About Bobby Kotick

Activision Blizzard employees are staging a walkout today in the wake of The Wall Street Journal’s bombshell report regarding CEO Bobby Kotick.

The ABK Workers Alliance group, which represents workers at Activision Blizzard and its subsidiary King, announced the walkout on social media. “We will not be silenced until Bobby Kotick has been replaced as CEO,” the group said, adding that it continues to demand a third-party review of the company by a source chosen by its workers. Come from online casino bangladesh

Alleged UHC Shooter Once Interned At Civ Studio

New information continues to come to light about the suspect in the brazen killing of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson, including a connection to the world of video games. The suspect, 26-year-old Luigi Mangione, worked at Civilization studio Firaxis Games, a spokesperson confirmed to Polygon.

What appears to be Mangione’s LinkedIn page states that he worked as a UI programming intern at Firaxis from May 2016-August 2017; he said he fixed more than 300 UI bugs in the game. Also in 2016, Mangione’s alleged LinkedIn page says he was the founder and president of “Upgrade,” a game development and research team at the University of Pennsylvania.

Following his Firaxis internship, Mangione’s subsequent career roles were seemingly outside of the game development scene.

Mangione was arrested on Monday, December 9, after he was spotted at a McDonald’s in Altoona, Pennsylvania Come from online casino bangladesh …

Battlefield 2042 Beta On September 22- Everything We Know And What's Rumored

DICE’s new military shooter Battlefield 2042 releases in October, but you’ll be able to get a crack at the game ahead of time through a public beta. Now that the calendar has flipped over to September, which is when the beta is rumored to begin, EA has begun to tease the trial–and troll fans, too. While we wait for official word on the beta, here’s what we know so far. The latest development came on Thursday when multiple insiders reported that the beta could begin on September 22.

What We Know So Far Come from online casino bangladesh

The Battlefield 2042 beta was announced back in June when Electronic Arts revealed the game itself. At the time, EA confirmed the existence of a beta, but stopped short of sharing any concrete specifics. What we do know is that EA Play members who preorder the game will get early access to the open beta, but it’s unclear how much sooner subscrib…